Read Time : 30 Seconds
- You should not cause them any harm even if they commit any excesses.
- Respect and honour them in your speech and dealings with them.
- Obey them in permissible acts.
- If they are in need of money, assist them even if they are kafirs (non muslims).
- The following rights are due to parents after their death: a) Continue making du’as of forgiveness and mercy for them. Continue sending rewards to them in the form of optional acts of worship and charity on their behalf. (b) Meet their friends and relatives in a friendly way and also assist them wherever possible. c) If you have the finances, fulfil their unpaid debts and the permissible bequests that they have made. d) When they pass away avoid crying aloud and wailing or else their souls will be troubled