The word ‘grape’ in Arabic is referred to as عِنَبٌ (singular) and plural: grapes is أَعْنَابٌ. It appears in the Qur’aan Majeed 11 times in 11 verses:
1. Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 266
أَيَوَدُّ أَحَدُكُمۡ أَن تَكُونَ لَهۥ جَنَّةٌ مِّن نَّخِيلٍ وَأَعۡنَابٍ تَجۡرِي مِن تَحۡتِهَا ٱلۡأَنۡهَٰرُ لَهُ فِيهَا مِن كُلِّ ٱلثَّمَرَٰتِ وَأَصَابَهُ ٱلۡكِبَرُ وَلَهُ ذُرِّيَّةٌ ضُعَفَآءُ فَأَصَابَهَآ إِعۡصَارٌ فِيهِ نَارٌ فَٱحۡتَرَقَتْ كَذَٰلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ ٱللَّهُ لَكُمُ ٱلۡأٓيَٰتِ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تَتَفَكَّرُونَ
- Would one of you like to have a garden of palm trees and grapevines underneath which rivers flow in which he has from every fruit? But he is afflicted with old age and has weak offspring, and it is hit by a whirlwind containing fire and is burned. Thus does Allah make clear to you [His] verses that you might give thought
2. Chapter 6 – Surah Al-An’aam Verse 99
وَهُوَ ٱلَّذِيٓ أَنزَلَ مِنَ ٱلسَّمَآءِ مَآءٗ فَأَخۡرَجۡنَا بِهِۦ نَبَاتَ كُلِّ شَيۡءٍ فَأَخۡرَجۡنَا مِنۡهُ خَضِرٗا نُّخۡرِجُ مِنۡهُ حَبّٗا مُّتَرَاكِبٗا وَمِنَ ٱلنَّخۡلِ مِن طَلۡعِهَا قِنۡوَانٌ دَانِيَةٌ وَجَنَّـٰتٍ مِّنۡ أَعۡنَابٍ وَٱلزَّيۡتُونَ وَٱلرُّمَّانَ مُشۡتَبِهٗا وَغَيۡرَ مُتَشَٰبِهٍ ٱنظُرُوٓاْ إِلَىٰ ثَمَرِهِۦٓ إِذَآ أَثۡمَرَ وَيَنۡعِهِ ۦٓۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكُمۡ لَأٓيَٰتٖ لِّقَوۡمٖ يُؤۡمِنُونَ
- And He is the One Who sends down rain from the sky—causing all kinds of plants to grow—producing green stalks from which We bring forth clustered grain. And from palm trees come clusters of dates hanging within reach. ˹There are˺ also gardens of grapevines, olives, and pomegranates, similar ˹in shape˺ but dissimilar ˹in taste˺. Look at their fruit as it yields and ripens! Indeed, in these are signs for people who believe.
3. Chapter 13 – Surah Ar- Ra’d Verse 4
وَفِي ٱلۡأَرۡضِ قِطَعٌ مُّتَجَٰوِرَٰتٌ وَجَنَّـٰتٌ مِّنۡ أَعۡنَابٍ وَزَرۡعٌ وَنَخِيلٌ صِنۡوَانٌ وَغَيۡرُ صِنۡوَانٍ يُسۡقَىٰ بِمَآءٍ وَاحِدٍ وَنُفَضِّلُ بَعۡضَهَا عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ فِي ٱلۡأُكُلِ
إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَأٓيَٰتٍ لِّقَوۡمٍ يَعۡقِلُونَ
- And on the earth there are ˹different˺ neighbouring tracts, gardens of grapevines, ˹various˺ crops, palm trees—some stemming from the same root, others standing alone. They are all irrigated with the same water, yet We make some taste better than others. Surely in this are signs for those who understand.
4. Chapter 16 – Surah An-Nahl Verse 11
يُنۢبِتُ لَكُم بِهِ ٱلزَّرۡعَ وَٱلزَّيۡتُونَ وَٱلنَّخِيلَ وَٱلۡأَعۡنَابَ وَمِن كُلِّ ٱلثَّمَرَٰتِ
إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَأٓيَةٗ لِّقَوۡمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
- With it He produces for you ˹various˺ crops, olives, palm trees, grapevines, and every type of fruit. Surely in this is a sign for those who reflect
5. Chapter 16- Surah An-Nahl Verse 67
وَمِن ثَمَرَٰتِ ٱلنَّخِيلِ وَٱلۡأَعۡنَابِ تَتَّخِذُونَ مِنۡهُ سَكَرٗا وَرِزۡقًا حَسَنًاۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَأٓيَةٗ لِّقَوۡمٍ يَعۡقِلُونَ
- And from the fruits of palm trees and grapevines you derive intoxicants (every intoxicant is forbidden thus applies to grapes made into intoxicants) as well as (that which is permissible for you such as) wholesome provision. Surely in this is a sign for those who understand.
6. Chapter 17 – Surah Al-Israa Verse 91
أَوۡ تَكُونَ لَكَ جَنَّةُ مِّن نَّخِيلٍ وَعِنَبٍ فَتُفَجِّرَ ٱلۡأَنۡهَٰرَ خِلَٰلَهَا تَفۡجِيرًا
- or until you have a garden of palm trees and grapes, and cause rivers to flow abundantly in it
7. Chapter 18 – Surah Al-Kahf Verse 32
وَٱضۡرِبۡ لَهُم مَّثَلاً رَّجُلَيۡنِ جَعَلۡنَا لِأَحَدِهِمَا جَنَّتَيۡنِ مِنۡ أَعۡنَابٍ وَحَفَفۡنَٰهُمَا بِنَخۡلٍ وَجَعَلۡنَا
- And present to them an example of two men: We granted to one of them two gardens of grapevines, and We bordered them with palm trees and placed between them [fields of] crops.
8. Chapter 23 – Surah Al-Mu’minoon Verse 19
فَأَنشَأۡنَا لَكُم بِهِۦ جَنَّاتٍ مِّن نَّخِيلٍ وَأَعۡنَابٍ لَّكُمۡ فِيهَا فَوَٰكِهُ كَثِيرَةٌ وَمِنۡهَا تَأۡكُلُونَ
- And We brought forth for you thereby gardens of palm trees and grapevines in which for you are abundant fruits and from which you eat.
9. Chapter 36 – Surah Yaseen : Verse 34
وَجَعَلۡنَا فِيهَا جَنَّـٰتٍ مِّن نَّخِيلٍ وَأَعۡنَابٍ وَفَجَّرۡنَا فِيهَا مِنَ ٱلۡعُيُونِ
- And We placed therein gardens of palm trees and grapevines and caused to burst forth therefrom some springs
10. Chapter 78 Surah An-Naba Verse 32
- Gardens and grapevines
11. Chapter 80 Surah Abasa Verse 28
- And grapes and herbage
Rich in Nutrients
Grapes are rich in nutrients. They provide a good source of vitamin K, calcium, magnesium, and potassium—all of which support bone health. A lack of those nutrients may increase your risk of bone fractures.
Boosts Your Immunity
One cup of grapes provides 4.8 milligrams of vitamin C, which is essential for boosting immunity.2 Your body does not naturally produce vitamin C so it is important that you eat plenty of foods that are full of vitamins. 
Vitamin C is essential for the production of collagen. It also plays a role in the synthesis of serotonin, which promotes happiness and sleep. 
Lastly, vitamin C helps your body significantly absorb iron from plant-based diets.
Grapes also support your immune system through their natural antimicrobial properties that protect you against bacteria and viruses. The pigment found in grapes, as well as many other fruits and vegetables, may have antimicrobial properties. 
Provides Helpful Antioxidants
Grapes contain numerous different antioxidants. Quercetin—an antioxidant that gives purple and black grapes their beautiful colors—protects against neurodegenerative diseases. Researchers found that grapes somewhat protected against the onset of Alzheimer’s disease. 
Additionally, another antioxidant found in grapes, called polyphenols, supports gut health which boosts immunity and promotes positive moods. 
Promotes Better Sleep
The trace amounts of melatonin found in grapes promote lengthy and restful sleep. Melatonin is a hormone that is produced in your brain. When it gets dark outside, your brain produces melatonin to help with your circadian rhythm and your sleep. 
Getting enough sleep is key because sleep deprivation is tied to a number of health risks, including: 
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. What are sleep deprivation and deficiency?
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Higher risk of injury
Improves Your Heart Health
Grapes also promote cardiovascular health in a number of different ways. A study found that the compound resveratrol found in grapes contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and has also be found to:
- Fend off artery hardening
- Reduce blood pressure
- Prevent strokes and heart attacks
The study concluded that resveratrol could be used in treatment for metabolic syndrome (which is associated with an increased risk of heart disease) since it has beneficial effects on hypertension, obesity, inflammation, diabetes, and dyslipidemia.
Protects Your Eyes
Two pigments found in grapes, lutein and zeaxanthin, protect eye health. Per a study published in 2022, those pigments help to:
- Increase visual range
- Lessen discomfort from glare and bright lights
- Enhance visual contrast
They also help lower the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts, which are two of the most common eye issues.
Keeps You Hydrated
One cup of grapes supplies 121 grams of water that keeps you hydrated.2 Staying hydrated helps to eliminate waste in the body through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements. In addition, staying hydrated helps your body:
- Maintain a normal temperature
- Lubricate joints
- Protect your spinal cord and other tissues
- Reduce calorie intake (when substituted for drinks with calories)
How Can You Add Grapes to Meals and Snacks?
Grapes are fabulous on their own as a snack, but you can also add them to a number of dishes. Slice and fold them into oatmeal or overnight oats, salads, and cooked or chilled herbed whole grains. Try transforming grapes into salsa or chutney.
You can also cook them. Grapes are amazing oven-roasted, alone or combined with Brussels sprouts, broccoli, or sweet potatoes. You can also incorporate grapes into sweet treats. Try grape pie or tart, or simply dip them into melted dark chocolate.
A Quick Review
Grapes are a juicy, delicious snack that can provide you with a variety of health benefits. Grapes are rich in nutrients, boost your immunity, provide antioxidants, promote better sleeps, improve the heath of your heart, protect your eyes, and keep you well hydrated. A lot of benefits fits into these small, bite-sized snacks.
Benefits Extracted from Health.com produced with the solid evidence below:
1. M. Imran., M. Hussain. Grapes likeliness in reference to normal blood pressure. Open Access Journal of Science. 2019; 3(2).
2. US Department of Agriculture. Grapes, raw.
3. Zelfand E. Vitamin C, pain and opioid sse disorder. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2020;19(3):18-29.
4. Khoo HE, Azlan A, Tang ST, Lim SM. Anthocyanidins and anthocyanins: colored pigments as food, pharmaceutical ingredients, and the potential health benefits. Food Nutr Res. 2017;61(1):1361779. doi:10.1080/16546628.2017.1361779
5. Lee J, Torosyan N, Silverman DH. Examining the impact of grape consumption on brain metabolism and cognitive function in patients with mild decline in cognition: A double-blinded placebo controlled pilot study. Exp Gerontol. 2017;87(Pt A):121-128. doi:10.1016/j.exger.2016.10.004
6. Zhou DD, Li J, Xiong RG, et al. Bioactive compounds, health benefits and food applications of grape. Foods. 2022;11(18):2755. doi:10.3390/foods11182755
7. Meng JF, Shi TC, Song S, Zhang ZW, Fang YL. Melatonin in grapes and grape-related foodstuffs: A review. Food Chem. 2017;231:185-191. doi:10.1016/j.foodchem.2017.03.137
8. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Melatonin: what you need to know.
9. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. What are sleep deprivation and deficiency?
10. Bonnefont-Rousselot D. Resveratrol and Cardiovascular Diseases. Nutrients. 2016;8(5):250. doi:10.3390/nu8050250
11. Mrowicka M, Mrowicki J, Kucharska E, Majsterek I. Lutein and zeaxanthin and their roles in age-related macular degeneration-neurodegenerative disease. Nutrients. 2022;14(4):827. Published 2022 Feb 16. doi:10.3390/nu14040827
12. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Water and healthier drinks