Hadhrat Sufyaan Thauri (rahmatullah alayh) said: “There are ten moronic acts (acts which indicate the stupidity/lack of intelligence of a man).”
(1)While making dua for oneself, one abstains from making dua for one’s parents and for theMuslims at large.
(2)Daily reciting less than 100 aayats of the Qur’aan Majeed.
(3)Entering the Musjid and returning without having performed Tahyatul Musjid.
(4) Passing through or near to the Qabrustaan (graveyard) without making Salaam to the inmates and without making Dua for them.
(5) A person (musaafir – traveller) entering a city on the Day of Jumuah and departing without having performed Jumuah Salaat.
(6) Refraining from learning something of the Deen from an Aalim in the neighbourhood.
(7) Two persons becoming travelling companions, but not enquiring about each other’s name.
(8) Not responding to the invitation of a person (on condition that the function is without any haraamacts).
(9) Despite affluence, to destroy one’s youth by abstaining from the acquisition of knowledge and moral character.
(10) Filling the stomach and leaving the neighbour hungry
Source: Awake To Call of Islam March/April 2023