Modernists are currently beating the drums of unity with all and sundry. However, is the clamor worth the attention of the common Muslim or scholar?
Outwardly, the unity slogan and chant seems to be an attractive call, but at the same time, it spells total disaster for the Muslim identity and complete annihilation of the practical implementation of the commands of Allāh Ta’ālā, and the blessed Sunnah of Sayyidunā Muhammad Rasūlullāh sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam.
- The aim and goal of the Modernists differs vastly from that of the Traditionalists.
- The terrible consequences of the modernization and liberalization of previous religions are clear before us all. Hence, there is no need at all to tread in the footsteps of the former nations.
- Those who choose the path of modernization and liberalization of Islām do so at the cost of their own identity and loss in the hereafter. Traditionalists concern themselves primarily with ensuring their salvation in the hereafter.
- The blessed Ahādīth convey glad-tidings and the promise of divine assistance to the strangers; those who hold onto the tradition at all cost.
- Traditionalism leads to firm belief and conviction in Allāh Ta’ālā, enabling a person to become a genuine adherent of the blessed Sunnah and an elevated sense of pure morals. On the other side, Modernism leads to atheism, irreligiousness, and immorality.
- Traditionalists speak the truth enshrined in the Noble Qur’ān and the Blessed Sunnah, whilst Modernists employ double-speak in order to enable modernization and immorality.
The work of Modernists is exactly like the online squirms involved in pharming and phishing. A common Muslim is swindled of his Dīn and Īmān.
- Traditionalism remains the same. It has stood through the tests of the ages. Modernism changes rapidly, viciously, and swerves dangerously like a drunken driver heading towards a cul-de-sac of foolishness and idiocy.
- Traditionalists strive to please Allāh Ta’ālā, whilst Modernists strive to please the carnal desires and Shayṭān.
- Traditionalists strive to open up avenues of pleasing Allāh Ta’ālā, they are elated when the Masājid are opened, and the Musallīs are filling them up. On the contrary, Modernists strive to sway people away from the worship of Allah Ta’ālā, close the Masājid, and are elated to see people flock to cinemas, and football stadiums.
- Modernists are found in the company of the famous, wealthy, politicians, and media houses. Traditionalists remain independent with their true knowledge and spirituality, even if they are alone.
- Modernists pave the path towards embracing Dajjāl. Traditionalists pave the path for accepting the Mahdī.
- Modernists strive for name and fame. Traditionalists strive for acceptance in the sight of Allāh Ta’ālā.
- Modernists ally with the deviated sects and false religions, whilst the Traditionalists ally with those upon the truth of pristine Islām.
- Modernists get happy when their coffers brim, whilst Traditionalists become sad when the Dīn gets plundered.
- Modernists play victim when called out but have no qualms when the pious elders of the Ummah are mocked and jeered at.
Based on this, it stands to reason to flee from the Modernists at full speed, just like how one would from a rabid mongrel.
Mufti Abdullah Moolla
Maktabah Al-Imām Al-Ghazālī